Diversity at HMEA
HMEA celebrates diversity within our organization and in the communities we serve. Diversity is essential to HMEA’s success, because:
- It is the only way to achieve our goals. We seek to attract and support competent, caring, and committed staff by offering an atmosphere where all people are respected, welcome, and want to work.
- We can attract the best! HMEA competes for competent staff in a shrinking pool of qualified workers. A strong commitment to and respect for diversity help us attract the best candidates.
- It increases the quality of supports. By including, valuing, and listening to our employees, we can retain our staff for longer periods of time and ensure the continuity of important relationships.
- We build strong teams. Studies show that groups made up of people from different backgrounds are more effective at solving problems and creating solutions.
- We create positive management practices. Successful companies have a strong diversity program and commitment from all managers. Managing diversity goes hand-in-hand with managing change, developing employee career opportunities, and promoting an inclusive work environment.
Wellness at HMEA
We also host Career Fairs throughout the year, click here to find out more!
MEET OUR TEAM
Home First Program Coordinator
Residential Program Manager