To teach, support and empower people with developmental disabilities and their families to live meaningful lives of their choice.
A world where individual differences are appreciated and celebrated, and where everyone contributes.
- We believe that each person with a disability has a desire for a rich and varied life, including a physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual dimension.
- We believe that the people we support can be our friends and can be our teachers, that fostering relationships with the wider community enriches everyone.
- We believe that each person grows through their life experience and has the right to make his/her own life choices, including those that may involve risk. We support each person to discover their own dream for a meaningful life.
- We are guided by the wishes, hopes, and dreams of the people we support. We actively seek out information through a wide variety of formal and informal methods, and organize ourselves in response to that information.
- We believe that competent and caring staff are essential to the success of the people we support and to the quality of their lives.
- We strive to hire staff who have a passion for the work and for the people, who enthusiastically implement the mission, and who make a commitment to the agency and the individuals we serve.
- We value staff who promote teamwork, practice open communication, and respect diversity.
- We recognize that each staff has unique skills, talents, and limitations they bring to the job, and will provide training and support to allow each to reach their potential.
- We believe in developing leaders at all levels of the organization in promotion from within and flexibility in balancing work and home life.
- We offer a culture of open communication, creativity, and integrity and expect all to support and enrich that culture.